Saturday, May 21, 2011

GRADUATION!!!!

These past two years have gone by so fast, but graduation has finally come. But before that, I was nominated for a University Award. This was the day before graduation, and since my parents came in the day before, they would be there. I wasn't sure if I would actually win anything, but as soon as I walked in, I saw these beautifully shiny plates, and I wanted one. As they called out awards, I became more and more nervous that I would not receive one. Then I finally got one, and it was a shiny plate!!! I received the Apprenti Cuisinier Award - Baking & Pastry. There are five categories (Traditional, Garde Manger, International, Dining Services, and Baking & Pastry) and one student is chosen for each category that best represents it. My family and I were so honored that I was chosen by my chefs to receive this award. And to top it all off, I was inducted into The Who's Who Among American Universities and Colleges. That was really awesome as well. Then graduation came the following day, and I was again extremely honored to represent the College of Culinary Arts by holding our banner at the beginning of the graduation. I felt truly blessed this entire weekend. Thanks to everyone that showed up and supported me, I love you all.












No comments:

Post a Comment