Saturday, February 26, 2011

Green Cuisine Judging

Today I was judged an amazing event. The Fairfield Garden's Green Cuisine Competition. The event pushed high school students to create transform their typical gross, and unhealthy school lunches into not only nutritious, good for you meals, but also vegetarian or vegan. They had a budget of four dollars a meal, and i had to include a drink, main item, and side. These kids came up with some amazing dishes. I loved the vegan peanut butter cookies, that was my favorite item of the entire day, but because it had "peanuts" in it, it could not place. These stay at home moms said it could get kids sick. I say, if you are allergic, then don't eat one. It was kind of weird to be looked at as an adult, but I guess I have to get used to it. It was nice being the youngest judge there, by a lot...I'm sure it made them think i was a bad@$$...or pain in the @$$

No comments:

Post a Comment